Welcoming a bundle of joy into a couple’s life can be a rollercoaster of an experience. While it is a moment of pure bliss, it’s also fair to say that it can be overwhelming and exhausting, especially for those who are new to it all. However, as the saying goes, knowledge is power. By learning as much as they can, first-time parents can better prepare themselves for the challenges ahead. What better way to do this than to participate in infant educational programs?
Part of our work as providers of childcare in Washington, D.C., is to offer parents the necessary resources they’ll be needing for this precious journey. When caring for infants, these are a few things to bear in mind:
- Before handling your infant, always wash your hands or use a hand sanitizer.
- The head and neck of your baby should be supported at all times.
- Remember that babies should be put on their backs when they’re asleep.
- Fluffy toys should not be kept in the bassinet since they can be unsafe.
- While your infant is sleeping, keep their head uncovered.
Want further advice? Join us at Community Educational Research Group to gain access to more information! Grab your chance at learning the best parenting practices for infant care in Northeast Washington, D.C., today!
Not only that, but we also cater to parents who are feeling a little burnt out, putting their own needs aside in favor of their newborns. We know how tough these times can be, and we’re here to support you through our child care programs.